Friday, June 3, 2011

Sugar Scrubs...... for Teachers!!!!!



So this year as the girls were getting out of school...I remembered that I should probably make a gift for there teachers to let them know how appreciative I was for them doing all that hard work...so as I was looking around I found some great ideas..and one of them being that I chose to make was this sugar scrub.....This is something that I could make that was simple and easy and wouldn't take that long to make and could be done in a day...and I also had all the supplies ready to make them...so I made one brown sugar vanilla scrub and one lemon lime scrub...they are simple and easy to make....You take two and half cups of white granulated sugar and then one cup of extra virgin olive oil... and then you add you flavoring...of your choice...like brown sugar..and vanilla extract and then lemon and lime juice..and then if you have scented oils for soaps and such you can make that as well..So after you mix it all together in a mixer until it's all nice and scrub like..you just put it in a jar of some sort that you can decorate up how ever you choose..I found all my supplies at the dollar store...very cheep...and inexpensive to give as a gift...after I put them together I made a card for each teacher and had the girls write a letter to them...thanking them and there thoughts about there teacher...they loved it...and so did the teachers....Fun Gift to make..


Here are the two flavors and I just printed up a tag for them..and then modpodge them on there..




This is the sides and back of how I decorated the jars....just with stickers !!!

No comments: