Monday, April 25, 2011

Bathroom up date a little at a time.

So While my husband was gone at the end of march to go to a training in Texas...I was feeling quite board and needed to do something...I was feeling quite crafty...but what to do..I thought of sewing, but nah, I was already going to be doing that this coming April for the girls Easter dresses. so next in line was how about a Easter craft, and yes I did want to do that....but Also i wanted to do something that was going to be a surprise when my husband came home...so the thought came that hey why not re paint your bathroom and change out some things...this is something that I have been wanting to do for awhile...so here is my chance...and I got to work....so down came an old mirror..that was heavy and I was sweating up a storm trying to unscrew it and not drop it at the same time...so phew got that down and then out unscrewed the outlet covers and patched up holes and then taped and started painting...and wow painting bathrooms is not that much fun...there are lots of tiny spaces and crooks and corners...not my favorite thing to do...but then came the decorating and that was fun..I found a fabulous mirror out to home depot and then to target for my shower curtain and then a really shaggy rug out to sams club...I was feeling pretty lucky for everything that I found..and very good prices...and then wallah..the bathroom was done..and all I wanted to do was sit and look at it after it was finished and just think wow...I did that...not a lot of work was done..but it made a difference in my bathroom to me for sure...The color before I painted was a light to medium green color..and I painted it a oatmeal color..very just neutral.....So hope you enjoy my bathroom up date for now..soon will come tile and new cabinets and sinks...yahoo...





This was one heavy mirror...but I got it safely down...




Like the white spot..from the lady that painted before me..lol




this just gives you a look at what color is was





The After pictures.....I was very happy with it all....So much fun!!!!!






1 comment:

The Broderick Bulletin said...

looks really nice. Wish I could see it in person.