Tuesday, May 10, 2011

M.O.T.H.E.R.



They did such a great job...at making it look so beautiful!!!



So just this last Sunday...we got the opportunity of celebrating mothers day....What a wonderful day it was...Do you know the reason why mothers day was even celebrated at all...Well it was because...there were many mothers who sons fought in the civil war and died..and it was to bring them together and help in remembrance...The woman who started it was Ann Jarvis...but she didn't get to live to see it established..she passed away..but her daughter Anna Marie Jarvis continued to carry it through...Her mother each year would pass around 500 carnations to all the mothers...So this is where the tradition of wearing a carnation on mothers day came from...they use to only be just white or red...and you wore the white if your mother is dead and red if she was still alive..The date was set to be every second Sunday in may...and in 1934 it was official stamped a holiday...After it became a holiday Anna thought it was getting out of control..she started arguing against people purchasing greeting cards and other things..to give to there mothers...she thought this was to lazy...soon she said she had wished she never carried this out to become a holiday...it had lost its purpose...but today it is one of the biggest retail and purchase for jewelry and flower's and other things for all the moms out there...I thought I would share this story with you ...I thought it to be very interesting....I was so happy to wake up Sunday morning to my kids pulling me out of bed at 5:30 in the morning...to give me breakfast and there gifts they made for me...my husband had to work early this day...and he wanted to make sure I had a wonderful morning before he left...he decorated my tray so beautifully and got the kids all involved in mothers day to help me know how special they each felt for me...I am so glad to be a mother and a wife..to a loving thoughtful husband...Happy Mothers day to all....



my lovely flower that I made to where this mothers day...out of the flowers that they gave for me...

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Your family is an inspiration to everyone! What a love story you are unfolding!