Thursday, February 19, 2009

Mikayla's 5th Birthday



These are the girls that mikayla invited to her birthday party, we had five girls, and well logan was there so one boy, but they all had a lot of fun and here they are eating some cake and saying cheese!!!



Remember when I told you that i would be making some barbie furniture for her birthday, well here it is, this is my own pattern and I have never made it before, but it was a lot of fun, and I would really like to make some more, so that I would become very good at it and one day sell some or something like that, Mikayla was happy to receive this, she saw me making it and her and mercedi both were sad that I was giving it to some one else and they didn't know who



These are the bags that the girls made at the party, and then at the end of the party I filled them with party favors and they got to take them home, so that was interesting helping them make this, but fun



This is one of the games that we played, we played pin the nose on the sprite and the girls loved it, they had a good time, and I had my husband draw this for me, and I think that he did a good job at that




Last but not least this is the cake that I made for mikayla, she wanted the theme to be rainbow brite so I did my best at making a rainbow cake and then downloading a rainbow brite image to put on the cake. I ran out of frosting so the backside of this cake had no frosting but it still tasted good and you can't see that it had no frosting. So overall Mikayla had a good 5th birthday and she loved it so much that she got to play games and have friends over and to open gifts. I on the other hand was exhausted by the end of the party and had to sit and lay for a while, little Melanie did not like all that commotion...

7 comments:

est. 1996 said...

I can't believe you made that Barbie furniture you are so talented! Kennedy had a blast at the party yesterday...

The Broderick Bulletin said...

Elizabeth,
Looks like alot of fun. You did awsome with the furniture and the cake. What happened to my little pony? Did you cut Mikaylas bangs?

stevensprecious said...

You are so talented! Must be you sisters, cause I remember Gina telling me some things she has done for the kids that are amazing, too. And thinking that your second is already five! Happy Birthday Mikayla!
Rayne

Anonymous said...

Okay, I want you to be in charge of all my birthday parties! How fun you make them. And can I tell you how impressed I am by the doll furniture?!! I never would've known you did all this creative stuff. You're amazing. And all while very pregnant. What a mom!

Sandra D said...

I hope you don't mind my commenting on your blog. I saw it from my daughter's blog (Melissa----mikeandmelissarosas.blogspot.com). I'm her mom Sandy, and Jessie may or may not remember me. Anyway, I saw the Barbie furniture you made. Did you use a pattern or make your very own pattern? It's really nice stuff. What did you use for the couch and bed to make them solid? You're very talented. I would love to have stuff like that for my younger granddaughters. I like creating things, but I don't know if I could make Barbie furniture. I have an open blog---Tismesandrad.blogspot.com if you are interested in letting me know how you made it. No wonder your little girl was thrilled to get it. It's great!!!!!

Hillery said...

Hey Liz! I gots a blog too! Send me your email and I'll get you invited! my email is cnelson1151@hotmail.com! Cute pics! I can't believe how big your kids are getting! So you will have just the opposite from me! Yes having a girl is so much fun! I love her so much! well keep in touch! Send me your email and i'll get you onto my blog! ttyl!

periwinkle4 said...

You are so talented! Jesse too - what a great drawing! Lucky little girl to have such great parents! Cute cute kids too!