Tuesday, March 3, 2009

8 months down




Well here I am again, I am so excited that the months are counting down, and I can say that I am due next month, that seems like a huge milestone to me,so thanks for all who are cheering me on. So for this months dialog on mothering or having babies, I thought I would quote some quotes that Elder Neal a. Maxwell has said or quoted from many books.


"We salute you, sisters, for the joy that is yours as you rejoice in a baby's first smile and as you listen with eager ear to a child's first day at school which bespeaks a special selflessness. Women, more quickly than others, will understand the possible dangers when the word self is militantly placed before other words like fulfillment. You rock a sobbing child without wondering if today's world is passing you by, because you know you hold tomorrow tightly in your arms. (Ensign, May 1978)

"The devoted wife and mother who is a quiet but effective neighbor but whose obituary is noticed by a comparative few may well have laid up precious little here in the current coin~of~the~realm, recognition, yet rising with her in the resurrection will be relevant attributes and skills honed and refined in family and neighborhood life. ( Grounded, Rooted,Established, and settled,")

"God trusts women so much that he lets them bear and care for His spirit Children." Ensign, May 1978)


These are some of the quotes that I found some great incite to and thought wow, I hope that I am just as wonderful as those mothers are that he is talking about. I find great peace in being a mother even though it has it's challenging days, I would never give it up for a second. I am very grateful to be a mother and look forward to the many days ahead of being called mom.

3 comments:

The Broderick Bulletin said...

You look so cute!! I still need to make you some bows and send them your way.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful thoughts on being a mother. The words of Elder Maxwell (is that the one you quoted?) were just so fitting and they meant a lot to me today.

Family and Horse Love said...

wow I cant believe your already almost due!! You look really great!!